Science In Society Coursework Define
Do you need help with with essay, research paper, homework or even dissertation?
Visit our Affordable Research Paper Writer website - https://goo.gl/HKbmHS (assignmenthelp24.com)
ap english iv essay prompts
founding brothers the silence analysis essay
seven wonders of the world 2013 essay topics
senator wyden committee assignments 1
capstone essay on human rights
algebra history essay Affordable Research Paper Writer example
street crimes in pakistan free essay writer
my science teacher essay grading
cryptography research papers 2014 nba
presentation and analysis of data in research paper sample
spoken language study essayscorer
sugar man documentary review essay
how to write a sources essay history
vcommander network assignment
week 2 assignment chapter 4 #48
911 specialist cover letter
rainwater harvesting essay in marathi on mla
how to analyze a poem essay
kalka public school holiday homework coupon
how to make a bibliography in word 2011
tom wuchter dissertation examples
aggression nature nurture essay
social issues in sports topics for essays
cover letter sample for internship marketing shanghai
article presentation assignments
over the door homework organizer shelf
it 286 week 4 assignment financial polynomials
nemo dat quod non habet essay definition
essays in dante's divine comedy
robert yin case study approach
hca 220 week 8 assignment journal article critique Affordable Research Paper Writer hca
digital tv channel frequency assignments
sample dbq essay ap european history notes
cold calling cover letter email enclosure
iit bombay 2014 admissions essay
essay writing tips for dyslexics
how to write a first class politics essay
bpp oss 101 solved assignment of ignou
bibliography example internet sources cited
easy essay typewriter
5 paragraph essay about myself example
free resume cover letter sample template
eurofighter typhoon vs dassault rafale comparison essay
sample resume fashion buyer cover letter
ap literature poetry essay responses
meereenese blot essays
pewasta reh shajar se umeed-e-bahar rakh essaytyper
lee sungyeol ideal girl essay
topic for research paper about tourism industry
length of a introduction with an essay
a guide to chinese essay writing for foreigners
examples of clinchers in essays are articles
harvard business school 2 2 essay questions
pay for essay cheapest airline
celta assignment 4 lessons from the classroom examples of the cognitive learning
poema sonatina analysis essay
north and south korea comparison essay outline
closet hook ideas for essays
the size zero debate discursive essay ppt
suny orange middletown admissions essay
energieerhaltungssatz beispiel essay
summary of essays by montaigne
expectation of dissertation mentor
disilene synthesis essay
passionate about music essay
my high school graduation day essay
random assignment synonym
term paper format example apa papers
imperialism in latin america essay topics
indledning i et engelsk essay examples
sculpture essay example
three essays on foreign aid poverty and growth
an example of essay conclusion
mla format research paper abstract conclusion
bap cover letters
show me a well written essay
short essay on napoleon bonaparte
war of 1812 essay titles for the great
preoperational morality definition essay
advertisement essay titles in mla
puritans vs pilgrims essays on poverty
sample argument essay on global warming
do i introduce myself in a cover letter
night street kristel thornell essay topics
warren buffett critical thinking exercise
vaclav havel power of the powerless essay checker
case study website launch checklist
essay writing for toefl ibt registration
essay on superstitions in india in marathi goat
essay formatting apa
essay about the importance of communication in technical training
dreamless book trailer assignment
sample acknowledgement page of a research paper
discuter dissertation defense
application essay university example
free essay emotional feelings of loosing a child
and dimed essay
science and technology development essays
bibliography template for college students
customer service representative cover letter templates
axinella dissimilis classification essay
other names for research paper
toeplitz and circulant matrices a review bibtex bibliography
augmented assignment python remote
islamic Affordable Research Paper Writer papers urdu adab
how to write a sales job cover letter
everyday use by alice walker essay conclusion strategies
journal assignments the crucible
ddce assignment definition
latex bibliography table of contents hyperref
an essay on principles of debt management
research papers Affordable Research Paper Writer rite of passage
essay poems italicized
essay questions on fidel castro
1970 1986 bloomfield essay learning light morton selected w
assignment of benefits medicare dme
great clinchers for essays
extended essay images
i need help with my algebra 1 homework for free
essayer skype premium
example science fair thesis statement
sound pollution essays
college essay formal or informal
risd bike assignment
cite an internet source for a research paper
contagious fear definition essay
common app transfer essay ideas for 8th
gretna middle school homework
dissertation timescale example
how do i do a case study
great power comes great responsibility essay prompt
homework routine 2015 1040
college essay header format for essay
essay today's technology world
him mark lai bibliography example
magical muse millennial essays on tennessee williams
doctrine of indoor management cases for critical thinking
english exam essay writing tips
sriracha documentary review essay
importance Affordable Research Paper Writer of sports in education free essays on terrorism
final english reading course summary essay
gates millennium scholarship essays length conversion
owl at purdue apa bibliography
new product development 8 step process of critical thinking
introduction to research paper middle school
my goal career essay paper
introductions and conclusions for persuasive essays on organ
Critique of a Research Article
The goal of this activity is to give you an opportunity to apply whatever you learned in this course in evaluating a research paper. Warning!!!!You might have done some article summaries or even critical evaluation of some resources. However, this activity is unique because you evaluate a research article from a methodology perspective.
For this assignment you briefly summarize and extensively evaluate the attached educational research article (If you cannot download the article please go to BeachBoard/Content/Articles to download the article).
This assignment should be done individually. In the summary section, you should write a brief (up to 500 words) summary of the article in your own words. Don’t use copy and paste try to rephrase. This will be a good practice for your final project’s literature review. In the critique section, you evaluate the article using the following grading criteria.
Grading criteria for research critique
In your summary, you should identify main elements of the research including
1. Research problem
2. Research goal
4. Research Questions
5. Research Method (briefly explain)
6. Sample (participants)
8. Tools (instruments, tests, surveys)
9. Main findings (brief summary of the results)
The critique part should be 2-3 pages (1000-2000 words) and include to the following sections. Your critique should be longer than your summary and you pay special attention to the design and procedure. Your grade on this assignment is based on your answer the following questions.
There is a long list of questions. You don’t have to address all questions. However, you should address highlighted questions. Some questions are relevant to this article some are not. I listed so many questions simply because I’d like you to learn what to look for in evaluating a research article.
The format of your paper should NOT be like a Q & A list. Instead, you should integrate your answers into an essay format similar to the given examples.
1. Is there a statement of the problem?
2. Is the problem “researchable”? That is, can it be investigated through the collection and analysis of data?
3. Is background information on the problem presented?
4. Is the educational significance of the problem discussed?
5. Does the problem statement indicate the variables of interest and the specific relationship between those variables which are investigated? When necessary, are variables directly or operationally defined?
Review of Related Literature
1. Is the review comprehensive?
2. Are all cited references relevant to the problem under investigation?
3. Are most of the sources primary, i.e., are there only a few or no secondary sources?
4. Have the references been critically analyzed and the results of various studies compared and contrasted, i.e., is the review more than a series of abstracts or annotations?
5. Does the review conclude with a brief summary of the literature and its implications for the problem investigated?
6. Do the implications discussed form an empirical or theoretical rationale for the hypotheses which follow?
1. Are specific questions to be answered listed or specific hypotheses to be tested stated?
2. Does each hypothesis state an expected relationship or difference?
3. If necessary, are variables directly or operationally defined?
4. Is each hypothesis testable?
1. Are the size and major characteristics of the population studied described?
2. If a sample was selected, is the method of selecting the sample clearly described?
3. Is the method of sample selection described one that is likely to result in a representative, unbiased sample?
4. Did the researcher avoid the use of volunteers?
5. Are the size and major characteristics of the sample described?
6. Does the sample size meet the suggested guideline for minimum sample size appropriate for the method of research represented?
1. Is the rationale given for the selection of the instruments (or measurements) used?
2. Is each instrument described in terms of purpose and content?
3. Are the instruments appropriate for measuring the intended variables?
4. Is evidence presented that indicates that each instrument is appropriate for the sample under study?
5. Is instrument validity discussed and coefficients given if appropriate?
6. Is reliability discussed in terms of type and size of reliability coefficients?
7. If appropriate, are subtest reliabilities given?
8. If an instrument was developed specifically for the study, are the procedures involved in its development and validation described?
9. If an instrument was developed specifically for the study, are administration, scoring or tabulating, and interpretation procedures fully described?
Design and Procedure
1. Is the design appropriate for answering the questions or testing the hypotheses of thestudy?
2. Are the procedures described in sufficient detail to permit them to be replicated by another researcher?
3. If a pilot study was conducted, are its execution and results described as well as its impact on the subsequent study?
4. Are the control procedures described?
5. Did the researcher discuss or account for any potentially confounding variables that he or she was unable to control for?
1. Are appropriate descriptive or inferential statistics presented?
2. Was the probability level, α, at which the results of the tests of significance were evaluated,
specified in advance of the data analyses?
3. If parametric tests were used, is there evidence that the researcher avoided violating the
required assumptions for parametric tests?
4. Are the tests of significance described appropriate, given the hypotheses and design of the
5. Was every hypothesis tested?
6. Are the tests of significance interpreted using the appropriate degrees of freedom?
7. Are the results clearly presented?
8. Are the tables and figures (if any) well organized and easy to understand?
9. Are the data in each table and figure described in the text?
Discussion (Conclusions and Recommendation)
1. Is each result discussed in terms of the original hypothesis to which it relates?
2. Is each result discussed in terms of its agreement or disagreement with previous results
obtained by other researchers in other studies?
3. Are generalizations consistent with the results?
4. Are the possible effects of uncontrolled variables on the results discussed?
5. Are theoretical and practical implications of the findings discussed?
6. Are recommendations for future action made?
7. Are the suggestions for future action based on practical significance or on statistical
significance only, i.e., has the author avoided confusing practical and statistical
8. Are recommendations for future research made?
Make sure that you cover the following questions in your critique even if you have already covered them in your crtique.
1. Is the research important? Why?
2. In your own words what methods and procedures were used? Evaluate the methods and procedures.
3. Evaluate the sampling method and the sample used in this study.
4. Describe the reliability and validity of all the instruments used.
5. What type of research is this? Explain.
6. How was the data analyzed?
7. What is (are) the major finding(s)? are these findings important?
8.What are your suggestions to improve this research?
Here is a hint on how to evaluate an article.
Use this resource for writing and APA style.
Examples (please note some examples are longer than what is expected for this article)
· Good example
· Poor example
· Original article
· Article critique